An Ounce of Prevention can Protect your Home Investment
You can help keep your insurance costs down and protect your property as well.
The most important step you can take is to identify any humidity, moisture, or water damage problems before they create bigger problems such as mold or structural damage.
Here are some important tips to prevent water damage that could potentially turn into a mold issue.
- Periodically inspect your home inside and out.
- Look for any water or moisture. Pay attention around pipes, in basements, or crawl spaces. If you see a problem, call SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt, and Grady to identify the extent of the damage.
- Your nose knows. Musty and moldy odors may be an indicator of growing molds.
- Control humidity in bathrooms, showers, and wherever water is repeatedly used. Exhaust fans, proper caulking, and regular cleaning with a bleach-based cleaning product will help keep problems away.
- Ventilation matters. Proper ventilation in attics, crawl spaces, basements, and other dark spaces can help stop moisture problems.
- Regularly having your HVAC systems and air conditioners inspected can identify moisture problems or drain clogs.